Melter for thermoplastic adhesives
Robatech offer a comprehensive range of melters to handle all types of EVA, PSA and APO thermoplastic adhesives and reactive PUR adhesives and sealants.
Our innovative technology reduces glue consumption and waste, and we lead the industry for energy-saving when used with other Robatech products.
- Proven reliability in all industries - low maintenance cost, low life cycle cost
- Modular, extendable and backwards-compatible with Robatech systems
- Simple to learn and to operate - minimal training
- Swiss quality and award-winning design
Gluing with Perfection. Concept Stream – the adhesive system with tankless technology
Concept Stream, Robatech’s tankless melter for hot melt adhesives with Melt-on-Demand technology. It assures a fast heat-up time and an efficient and safe production with maximum uptime.
The tankless hot melt system is designed for melting and pumping of thermoplastic hot melt in granulate form. It gently melts on demand and therefore is applicable for both high and low glue consumption applications. Thanks to the fast heat-up time of 16 minutes to 160 °C the Concept Stream is quickly operational. In addition, the adhesive system achieves a high melting rate performance of 9 kg/h or 15 kg/h with minimum space.
Benefits of the tankless adhesive system – at a glanceInnovativ melting technology
- 100 %* increased melting rate – a small tank for high performance (8kg/h) with minimum space
- MOD (Melt-on-Demand) technology only melts the quantity of adhesive you need, when you need it
- The gentle melting and conveying reduces the risk of charring and nozzle blockage to a minimum and increases the adhesive filters life span
- Even for applications with low glue consumption
- Fast heat-up time (16 min) and standby function
- Over 20 %* energy savings thanks to our GreenLine technology
- Fill level supervision with unique run empty protection for maximum uptime
- Safe manual filling by a CoolTouch adapter
- CoolTouch insulated melting unit to mini¬mize burning risks
- Automatic pressure relief
Optimize your gluing process for better performance and reliability
The optimized gluing process reduces the risk of charring and nozzle blockage and increases the adhesive filters life span. Furthermore, a fill level supervision with unique run empty protection reacts before the system runs empty and guarantees a reliable production. All of these aspects result in less maintenance and downtime. The insulated melting unit additionally saves energy costs.
The Melt-on-Demand technology is based on the well-proven Concept series with GreenLine technology. Melt-on-Demand means the system heats and delivers only the quantity of adhesive you need, at the time you need it. With the GreenLine technology the Robatech’s high environmental standards are assured for an energy saving and sustainable production.
The Concept units ensure a modular design and backwards compatibility. Concept Stream can easily be integrated in existing systems and solutions, which saves time and money. Our solutions are compatible with the devices from previous generations and the ones to come. You can easily retrofit your equipment at any time. Concept Stream offers up to 8 connections for hoses and heads.
Highest safety standards are provided by the CoolTouch insulated melting unit, manifold and especially by a CoolTouch adapter on top of the melter to protect the operator from burnings while filling the hot melt system. By using a granulate feeder (RobaFeed) the operator safety can be even increased.
The RobaPUR 2 MOD adhesive adhesive melter is designed for processing different hot melt adhesives hot melt adhesives in block, granular, and cushion form. Particularly developed for demand-depending melting (Melt-on-Demand), it is suitable for processing almost all commercially available PUR adhesives as well as for PSA, EVA, and APAO hot melt adhesives.
The overall design of the RobaPUR 2 MOD is tailored to flexible production with short retrofit times. Switching between reactive and thermoplastic adhesives as well as color changes are quick and easy – without major cleaning effort. The innovative magazine and melting concept enables a significant increase in the melting rate to up to 10 kg/h. Depending on the pump selection, the adhesive melter can achieve delivery capacities of 9 – 12 kg/h. In highly dynamic processes (SpineCoat applications, adhesive binding in perfect binder soft covers 200 – 2000 T/h), up to 50 kg/h are possible.
- Melt-on-Demand (MOD) technology ensures comprehensive protection of the adhesive characteristics of the melted material.
- Processing of most commercially available PUR hot melt adhesives without additional inert gas flushing and active cooling.
- Adhesive viscosities (depending on variant and pump type): 500 - 120,000 mPas
- Adhesives with and without inliner
- Self-calibrating level sensor for precise filling level monitoring
- Consistent thermal separation between heating zones and magazine for high operating safety
- Non-stuck coating for reduced and quick adhesive changes with different color (PUR applications in the woodworking industry)
- TRM standard graphic panel for language-independent operation
- Integrated AS IK 40 or AS IK 10 application control
The RobaPUR 2 MOD is available in three variants with different pump configurations. With that, the adhesive melter can be tailored optimally to customer- and process-specific requirements.
The 1-block magazine is suitable for simple applications with low adhesive flow.
- Magazine for 2...2.5 kg block.
- Basin filling: Gerotor pump GPR 12, max. 9 kg/h, viscosities from 2,500 to 120,000 mPas
- Nozzle application: Gear pump ZPR 12, max. 12 kg/h, viscosities from 500 to 120,000 mPas
- For adhesives without inliner
The 2-block magazine is recommended for applications with high adhesive flow. Compared to the 1-block magazine, significantly less refilling intervals are required and the process performance is improved with increased production due to higher magazine filling.
1-block magazine with press
The 1-block magazine with press is available for highly dynamic processes. It was specially developed for the use in clocked PUR applications of the bookbinding industry.
- Magazine for 2...2.5 kg block.
- Basin filling: Gerotor pump GPR 12, max. 9 kg/h, viscosities from 2,500 to 120,000 mPas
- PUR spine nozzle application: Gear pump ZP3 S, max. 50 kg/h, viscosities from 500 to 10,000 mPas
- For PUR hot melt adhesives with inliner
Thanks to the high melting rate and different configurations, the RobaPUR 2 MOD can be used in different applications and processes:
- Packaging industry ISC 200
- Graphical industry ISC 300
- Textile industry ISC 590
- Wood industry ISC 690
- Construction supply industry ISC 790
- Automotive industry ISC 820
Typical areas of application of the RobaPUR 2 MOD are basin filling, manual application using a hand applicator, as well as bead and surface application with nozzle systems.
Melting tank for hot melt (thermoplastic) adhesives in a range of sizes to meet your precise production needs.
These devices are characterized by their reliable industrial use in many different functions. They are effectively complemented by numerous options and a practical range of accessories. The Concept series can be easily integrated into any production facility, due to its modular structure.
- Tank sizes: 5/8/12/18//30 Liters
- Energy saving Green Line series: Special Green Line insulation achieved and energy saving of up to 12% compared to older Robatech models
- Connect up to 8 applicator heads and hoses
- User friendly 180° rotating lid
- Intuitive controls (option: Touch screen operation)
Concept Diamond is the newest model of the Concept Series with integrated touch screen and process control software for monitoring the essential functions.
- Measures efficiency
- Product information (eg, configuration, service centers, etc.)
- Glue quantity calculator
- Usage based maintenance instructions
MultiMelt is a versatile melting tank for handling many types of EVA, PSA, APAO reactive adhesives such as PUR.
The easy-to-clean design makes it fast to switch between different adhesive bases with minimal downtime.
- 1 and 2 gear pump versions
- Short turnaround time
- Convenient and easy to access
- Energy-efficient design
The MultiMelt unit can be used as a buffer tank (intermediate tank) when combined with a drum melter or any other premelter.
- Capacity: 40 Liter
JumboFlex – With Unique Premelting Solution for Increased Performance
JumboFlex, Robatech’s big unit family for melting and delivery of large volumes of thermoplastic, non-reactive hot melt adhesives (EVA, PE, PSA, and APAO). Can be flexibly used for high-performance melting applications with unique, individual premelting solution for optimum processing of different forms of adhesive.
JumboFlex melters feature a modular design and are available in different variants as premelter, melter, or buffer, depending on the area of application. Additionally, two different reservoir size are available: 50 dm3 or 100 dm3. The dimensions of the device are the same for all variants, facilitating planning and integration. Thanks to the modular design, the devices can be customized flexibly for the respective application, from simple pot filling, to adhesive metering in high-precision application nozzles, to the buffer function for particularly high adhesive consumption and increased speeds. The innovative melting concept is one of the highlights of the JumboFlex. The melting grille elements can be optimally aligned to the adhesive forms, such as granulates, cushions, or blocks. This specially designed premelting solution enables gentle adhesive processing and ensures increased melting performance. The JumboFlex can be used in a variety of applications and industries, wherever EVA, PSA, or APAO / PO hot melt adhesives are processed.
JumboFlex advantages – at a glance
- Increased melting performance thanks to innovating melting grill concept with geometrical alignment of the melting grille elements
- Adhesive forms from granular and cushion form to chips, to adhesive blocks of up to 7.5 kg can be processed optimally
- Designed for adhesive viscosities of up to 65,000 mPas with maximum melting performance, and for high-viscosity adhesives up to 100,000 mPas with adjusted melting performance
- Clean and uniform adhesive application from beginning to end thanks to fast, dynamic adhesive pressure regulation
- Industry 4.0 ready
- JumboFlex melter / buffer with integrated pattern control
- Simple and efficient maintenance thanks to fine filter and FEP coating
Optimum melting of different forms of adhesive
The distinguishing feature of the JumboFlex is its innovative and unique melting grille concept. It enables a geometrical alignment of the melting grille elements to adjust to the respective form of adhesive. This optimizes adhesive processing and achieves improved melting performance. The devices are designed for adhesive viscosities up to 65,000 mPas and can process high-viscosity adhesive with up to 100,000 mPas, once the melting performance is adjusted. The newly developed adhesive reservoir achieves shorter cycle times and ensures a very precise and homogeneous temperature distribution. This leads to a reduction in thermal stress of the adhesive and increases quality. The device can be filled manually or using an automatic granulate feeder (RobaFeed). Automatic filling improves efficiency, increases workplace safety, and prevents adhesive contaminations.
The melter generation that is “Industry 4.0 ready”
Thanks to the intelligent InfoPlus software, the devices are designed for Industry 4.0 and can be easily integrated into production machines. All required data can be communicated via Ethernet for processing to the machine control or into the production control center. These communication and monitoring functions enable predictive maintenance with preventive effect. Furthermore, thanks to integrated real-time Ethernet, JumboFlex melter and buffer systems can be directly integrated into the host machine control. This way, operation and actuation are possible directly from the host machine.
Easy and efficient maintenance
Depending on adhesive viscosity and industrial application, fine filters are used for JumboFlex melter and buffer device variants. They collect dirt particles before they enter the adhesive application device and thus prevent nozzle blockage and system interruptions. The devices can be equipped with FEP coating for easy and efficient cleaning. Thanks to good non-stick characteristics and high temperature resistance, the coating protects all components. A well cleaned device extends the service life and prevents costly downtime. Thanks to backward compatibility, spare parts of the previous Jumbo generation can be used for JumboFlex devices. Cost-saving upgrades are possible at any time.
Versatile application options
JumboFlex melters are suited for a variety of applications and industries. Examples are pot filling for book spine gluing, manual adhesive application, bead and dot application, e.g., for mattress production, and coating applications for full-area lamination coatings.