Robatech manufactures a comprehensive range of high-performance coating heads for applying thin films of thermoplastic adhesives and PUR hot melts.
We offer the optimum solution for a variety of adhesives, processes and production speeds in the printing, paper processing, consumer products and wood processing industries. Our integratable coating heads are a result of many years of experience in adhesive application technology. We combine this with a strong, fully adjustable mounting bracket for exact nozzle alignment.
- Diameter: 0.5 mm to 2.6 mm
- Continuous or intermittent surface coating
- Maximum productivity with low life–cycle costs
- Full modularity and compatibility with interchangeable parts. Fewer spares needed
- Exchange service for nozzles and filters
The FKV is a wide slot-die coating head for continuous surface applications of thermoplastic or reactive hotmelts.
The compact design, fast changeover speeds and great features, makes the FKV a benchmark in pre-metered coating technology today. The FKV is typically used for laminating and profile wrapping equipment in the wood-working industry, as well as in coating and laminating systems for textiles, hygiene products, fabrics and foam materials, etc.
- Finely adjustable coating widths from 200–2,600 mm. (manual or motorised)
- Precisely controls the weight of the coat and reduce adhesive consumption
- Compact construction
- High production output
Double-acting, electro-pneumatic coating heads for coating using thermoplastic adhesives in the low- to medium-viscosity range.
The FK IT 25 / 50 / 75 coating heads ensure precise cut-off at high speeds and fast switching times (cycles). The gluing process is optimized using mask technology and a cost-effective and flexible adhesive application ensured.
- Negatively closing jetting elements for precise cut-off
- Mask technology for a precise and reproducible application pattern
- Adhesive viscosities: 100 – 10,000 mPas acc. to Brookfield
- Speed, continuous coating: up to 250 m/min
- Speed, intermittent application: up to 150 m/min
- Compact design for easy integration
- Option: CoolTouch insulation
The SpineCoat is a high-performance coating head for a very thin, reproducible adhesive application on the book spine.
The targeted system solution guarantees the clean melting and the volumetric pumping of PUR hotmelt adhesive with intermittent application.
- Precise surface coating with coating thicknesses of 0.3 mm / 0.4 mm / 0.5 mm
- Coating widths of 2 to 60 mm
- Viscosities of 1,000 to 12,000 mPas
- Speed: up to 5,000 books per hour
The FKW 60 is a highly accurate and efficient coating head for edge banding that replace the traditional contiunous-roll type.
Suitable for affordable edge banding or book binding, this coating head is characterized by precise, gentle and controlled application of hot glue and reactive PUR adhesive.
- Coating width from 5–60 mm
- Coating thickness from 0.3–0.5 mm
- Fixed and adjustable slot nozzles
- Viscosity range of 2 000–4,500 mPas
- Precise application reduces glue consumption
- Flexible fastening method enables a rapid change-over of the coating head to suit machines in right-hand or left-hand version
- Capable of binding 4,500 books/hour in A4 format
The FKS is a coating head for applying adhesive in a continuous or intermittent pattern.
Suitable for thermoplastic adhesives, PSA, reactive PUR with viscosities from 100-20,000 mPas.
- Carefully and precisely controlled, continuous, or intermittent surface coating
- Coating width from 15–1,000mm
- Excellent tear-off behaviour with minimal residue