Robatech manufactures the world’s most advanced jetting heads for applying thermoplastic adhesives, PUR hot melts and cold glues in bead and dot patterns.
In many applications, it is crucial that applicator heads work in conjunction with appropriate pump systems for immaculate adhesive application and economic consumption. The modular application heads cover all the various installation options. The specially designed spray nozzles and modules are made for thread free and accurate application of adhesive dots and beads. Robatech application heads feature low power consumption and long life span. Robatech hot melt application heads are capable of firing up to 800 dots per second, with pin point accuracy.
- Extremely responsive
- Integrated filters prevent blockages
- Long lasting: up to 250 million cycles
- Fully insulated hot melt applicator heads reduce energy consumption by up to 60%
- Reduced risk of burns: Increased protection for the operator
The AX Diamond is a single-acting electro-pneumatic hotmelt jetting head for applying thermoplastic adhesive in bead form.
The sturdy application heads on the AX Diamond series are exceptionally well-suited for the no-contact adhesive application used in closures on secondary cardboard packaging in the packaging industry and for other uses in the lower to mid-speed range.
- Up to 60 glue applications per minute
- CoolTouch insulated
- Integrated filter
- Glue viscosities of 100 to 5,000 mPas
- Operating temperatures: up to 200 °C
The SX Diamond is an insulated electro-pneumatic jetting head for applying thermoplastic adhesives and hot melt PURs.
This product is characterized by the small installation dimensions, the fast response and very good tear-off behavior.
- 120 points per second
- Operates at temperatures up to 200 °C
- Durable, long lifespan up to 50 million cycles (depending on adhesive)
- With ball or needle valve
- Capable of handling adhesive viscosities from 100–20,000 mPas
- Internal filter eliminates blocked nozzles
- CoolTouch unit
SX LongLife for Durable and Precise Adhesive Application
The SX LongLife jetting head is Robatech’s sustainable solution for the concactless application of low to medium-viscosity thermoplastic hot melt adhesives. The durable application head can be flexibly used and excels with small installation dimensions as well as precise adhesive application with perfect tear-off behavior.
The insulated SX LongLife jetting head is suited for precise dot and bead application at medium to high speed. It is a further development of the Diamond series and thus compatible with most Robatech application systems. Based on that and its small installation dimensions, it is ideally suited for retrofits and systems with limited space. The application head is modular and available in different design versions and can thus be flexibly adopted to the respective application. As indicated by its name, the SX LongLife is very durable. The robust solenoid valve and the specially developed jetting element support up to 200 million operating cycles. Thanks to its variety, it can be flexibly used for different applications in diverse industries, such as the packaging and graphical industry.
Advantages of the SX LongLife Jetting Head – at a Glance
- Durable and sustainable thanks to 200 million operating cycles
- Precise adhesive application with perfect tear-off behavior
- Flexible in the application and adhesives
- Reduced energy and adhesive consumption
- Increased operator and product safety thanks to CoolTouch insulation
- Constant temperature for highest adhesive quality
- No nozzle blockages thanks to filter in heating block
Durable, Reliable, and Precise
The SX LongLife is a double-acting, electro-pneumatic jetting head. The compressed air for opening and closing the jetting element is switched using the solenoid valve. The result is precise and uniform adhesive application. Thanks to the specially developed jetting element and robust solenoid valve, the head is particularly durable and achieves up to 200 million operating cycles. An integrated filter in the heating block prevents nozzle blockages and ensures reliable and durable adhesive application. In addition, nozzle protection prevents damage to the nozzle and loss of heat, which results in even better tear-off behavior.
Increased Safety and Sustainability
The CoolTouch insulation of the Diamond series protects the operator against burns, significantly contributing to operating safety. Reduced heat radiation additionally protects the products to be glued. The heat-resistant insulation ensures a resource-saving and sustainable production as energy and adhesive consumption is reduced significantly. Furthermore, the hot melt adhesive does not cool down anymore between melter and nozzle and is protected against drafts in the case of machines operating at very high speeds. A special protection is available for bottom-up applications with rotated application head to protect the jetting head against contaminations. This supports a longer service life and reduced maintenance.
Modularity and Compatibility
As part of the Diamond series, the SX LongLife is compatible with most Robatech application systems. This simplifies integration into existing machines and reduces spare part costs, as diverse components, such as filter, nozzle range, and heated hoses, are the same. The application head can be used in a variety of different design versions with selectable jetting elements and valve heads for optimum processing of diverse adhesive types. It can thus be flexibly adopted to the respective application.
The SpeedStar Diamond is the latest electronic jetting head for applying thermoplastic adhesives in beads and dots.
Extremely reliable and robust, it maintains exceptional speed and accuracy even at very high temperatures up to 185 °C and viscosities up to 2'500 mPas. The integrated electronics and LED display monitors the head's condition.
- Very long lifecycle up to 250 million cycles (depending on adhesive)
- Operates at temperatures up to 185 °C
- Capable of handling adhesive viscosities from 100...2'500 mPas
- Hydraulic pressure up to 75 bar
- Internal filter eliminates blocked nozzles
- Special 'CoolTouch' housing reduces risk of harm to operators
- Up to 800 dots per second
The AX 300 is a pneumatic jetting head recommended for higher volume applications of thermoplastic and hot melt PURs.
These jetting heads combine high precision and proven reliability with simple maintenance.
- Nozzle diameters up to 3.5mm
- Capable of handling adhesive viscosities from 100–100,000 mPas
- Hydraulic pressure up to 100 bar
- Improved tear-off by means of an auxiliary air nozzle (optional)
The SideBead applicator head was designed for a fine bead application on both sides of the book spine.
With its contact-free adhesive application, the outstanding SideBead technology prevents soiling and guarantees a clean outline.
- The application of a fine bead 1 mm in diameter is guaranteed by the precise nozzle technology
- Viscosities of 1,000 to 5,000 mPas
- Speed: up to 5,000 books per hour